Drug addiction will affect the lives of many people, not just the user directly suffering with substance abuse. Your life, your loved ones’ lives hose close to them are likely affected. More frequently than not, there is no resolution until the user seeks professional help to end addiction. Admitting you have a problem is the first step to getting healthy. After that, the next step is finding the right treatment option to begin the recovery process.
Not everyone gets better at the same pace or even in the same way. Sometimes clients need different kinds of therapeutic methods to find what works for them. The safest and most habitable environment where a patient can figure out their needs for recovery is a residential private drug rehab center.
The anonymity offered by a private treatment center is a top priority for some clients, and is a facet that cannot be found at other locations, including some outpatient and 12 step programs. Helping clients to openly admit their drug or alcohol addiction is not an easy process. Shame is one thing that is often overlooked when talking about addiction, it’s hard to feel other people know what you are really dealing with.
Clients should expect to feel a sense of privacy from the moment they arrive at the private treatment center. Here are some of the other benefits of choosing private treatment over outpatient or state-funded alternatives:
- An individualized program. In private drug rehab centers, treatment plans are constructed around the needs of each client. This is very different from traditional programs, which approach every client the same way. Private drug rehabilitation centers will ensure your family, friends and loved ones are involved throughout the recovery process, addressing all areas of your life through treatment, thus providing a level of care you will not find at outpatient or state-funded facilities.
- Small program sizes. The total number of clients at a private facility will likely be far fewer than what you can expect at a state funded program. By limiting the total number of clients served, private programs can provide the best possible environment to enable successful recovery: Staff is better able to manage the facility to maintain everyone’s comfort and safety. Distractions are kept to a minimum so that each client can maintain focus on his/her own sobriety at all times.
- Personalized attention. In a private drug rehabilitation center, each client should look forward to participating in one-on-one therapy, which will allow the staff and client to identify core issues and develop the individualized treatment plan together. In addition, each client will have opportunities to connect with other residents during the recovery process, allowing them to understand they are not alone in the fight against addiction.
- Close medical supervision. Private facilities have qualified medical staff available to clients when in physical detoxification. All programs also have medical staff available 24 hours a day, providing immediate response to the full range of emergencies that may arise.
- No wait list. Private facilities have one distinct advantage over alternative options, and that is immediate access to treatment. Upon attempting to enroll in public or state funded rehabilitation, it is common to find a waiting period of six weeks, if not much longer. This is critical when dealing with a loved one suffering with active addiction. When they ask for help, you must act fast. You want to help them enter into a treatment program immediately, before they change their minds.
No specific type of treatment is 100% perfect. Private drug rehabilitation centers are no exception. Just like anything else in life, there are always some drawbacks – Bear this in mind when searching for a treatment facility. When choosing to go the self-pay route, here are two points we recommend you carefully consider:
- The Costs. Treatment at private drug rehabilitation centers costs thousands of dollars, which is a considerable financial strain for many individuals and families, especially those who are already dealing with the financial implications of drug addiction. For clients who may not have health insurance coverage, we recommend clients look for nonconventional options to cover program costs, such as searching for a scholarship program, seeking financing options, or asking a relative for assistance with the costs. While recovery is a precious investment, it’s important to understand that if you borrow the money it will need to be paid back. This could become a daunting thought after completing a treatment program.
- The Location. State funded and low cost facilities are all across the United States, but you might have to do a little more searching for a quality private/self-pay program. We are here to help you with this process, as location should be one of the most important factors when choosing a drug rehabilitation center.
Private drug rehab centers are not for everyone, but they do offer many added benefits compared to state-funded treatment centers. Clients are provided an environment with fewer stressors, and more time dedicated to internal reflection and analysis of addiction triggers, which ultimately helps contribute to long term sobriety. These facilities go beyond simply ending substance abuse thereby providing a well rounded recovery option to their clients.
If you’re having trouble deciding which type of facility works for you, give us a call today! Our unbiased professionals understand that every situation is unique, and will be more than happy to help you find a drug rehabilitation treatment center suited to your individual situation, or to simply answer any questions you may have about the options available to you.